Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Classy?


Hey guys - here is a slightly more casual look. Note the slight sculpting of the mo towards the edges...

However enough of these hirsute shenanigans - the real object of this hairy project is to raise money! A couple of tips on how to do this better based upon my own experience :

1. ASK people to give you money! This may seem to be a very obvious tactic but it hardly ever fails - most Aussies are too embarressed to actually ask anyone for money when they are involved in fundraising - Americans seem to be much better at it (as are those annoying backpacker types who hassle you in the street to join Amnesty or whatever is paying their salary for the day). In the case of Mo-Vember they have made it much easier by providing the tools to do it on the Mo-space website. Most blokes are so relieved that someone else is going through the hassle of growing a mo that they are happy to contribute and a lot of my funds have come from people I haven't seen in years and may never actually see the mo in person.

2. Prime the Plate - if you are sitting there with $0 in donations - it is much harder to get other people to be the first to donate. This of course has been a mainstay of the Catholic Church for centuries and hardly fails - put your own money where your mouth is and make a donation of the size that you hope other people will make. Also it would just be more embarressing to go through the whole mo-month without raising a cent.

Anyway I am off back to work - good mo-growing and good luck with fundraising - after all that is the real point!!!

-Bob-

7 comments:

  1. I primed the plate and popped $40 of my own in. Thanks to X who got me to $60 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have transplanted some of those sideburns to your upper lip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is definitely here to clean ze pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does this bloke look like a Columbian drug fkn lord OR WHAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out Havock or you will be wearing a Columbian necktie!

    And my pool is already clean...

    I am now up to $400+ - how about you guys?

    The other thing is send updates to people, they love laughing at your silly hairy bits and may eventually give you some money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I the only one that doesn't own Magnumesque sunnies?

    ReplyDelete